Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Drawing Cartoons


I painted this on two doors for a service station and convenience store called Tower Car Wash in San Francisco. Looks sort of like a Chevron commercial, doesn't it?

It's very time-consuming to draw, especially while standing on a ladder, but I'm pretty fast at it, especially when motivated by weather. Most of the time when I have to provide cartoons for Holiday Art, I will use patterns; but sometimes, as in this case, the shopkeeper wants me to draw a rendition of one of the toys or other things that are for sale in the shop. So I must grab one of these things, hold it up to look at while I'm standing on a ladder and draw it on the window in place. Look ma, here's proof art school really taught me something!

No comments:

Post a Comment